Summer Horse and Pony Show
The format for the equestrian events for the Summer Show are not quite finalised. Watch this space for more info once we have completed the May Horse and Dog Show
Due to the success of the dressage last year we will keep the same format for the morning session with an Introductory and Preliminary class. These will start at 9 a.m. and run consecutively before the carnival arrives.
A simple question on local horsey Facebook pages brought in such an overwhelming response that we have decided to run two or three side saddle classes in the afternoon which may include a costume concours d’elegance. We are currently in discussion with the Side Saddle Association about which classes would be most suitable and will confirm shortly.
BECAUSE OF THE CARNIVAL PROCESSION, BOXES MUST BE IN THE SHOWGROUND BEFORE 12 NOON.
Entry fee for all classes excluding the dressage is £7 pre-entry and £9 late entry and on the day
Entry fee for the dressage classes is £8 (pre-entry only)
PLEASE NOTE: Pre-entry for dressage by Sunday 13th August. Dressage times available on 17th August on-line, on Facebook or by phone between 7.00 and 9.00pm from Gill on 01793 330059
If you have any horse related enquiries, please contact Gill on 01793 330059 or e-mail Wanborough horse show or look us up on Facebook
RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Hard hats to the approved standard must be worn and correctly fastened at all times when mounted.
- Misuse of whips or bad language will lead to disqualification.
- Advanced entry fees will only be refunded if the event is cancelled.
- A Veterinary or doctor certificate will be required should a horse or rider be unfit to compete.
The show organisers reserve the right to alter any class to suit the conditions of the day including limiting entries in any class if necessary.
- No galloping is allowing any where on the show ground.
- All competitors take part at their own risk.
- We work on the premise that the judges decision is final. Any objections must be made to the Secretary within 30 minutes of event, together with £10 refundable at the discretion of committee.
- Due to space ONLY ONE SUPPORT VEHICLE PER HORSE BOX will be permitted in the Horse Box parking area. Please arrive before 12 Noon to avoid Carnival traffic